Does a ductless air conditioning system work better than central air conditioning?
A ductless air conditioner cools the inside of a home without the use of air ducts. They can make a good alternative to central air conditioning. As far as maintenance, a ductless air conditioner can be easier to maintain because central air requires the maintenance of air ducts. Ductless air conditioning systems are also a top pick for older homes that have duct systems that may be out dated. Or homes without a central heating system installed.
Ductless systems are also more energy efficient and easier to maintain than window air conditioners and can work together in different rooms rather than pushing the cold air all from one window.
- They’re easy to install. These cooling systems can be installed in much less time than it takes to put in central air conditioning. A two-person crew would need at least a week to install the ductwork and other components of a central air conditioning system. A ductless mini-split system could be installed from start to finish in a day.
- They don’t take up much space. Their compact size makes ductless AC units perfect for cooling small living spaces, such as apartments and dorm rooms. They’re also great for cooling individual rooms in larger homes, particularly basements and attics, which are usually not ventilated well. Also, ductless air conditioners are easy to store because of their small size.
- They’re easy to operate. Most ductless air conditioners have a remote control that enables you to easily increase or lower the temperature of the air coming from your unit. Feeling too cold in bed? You can adjust the room temperature with your remote control, without getting out of the covers. Try doing that with a central air conditioning system.
- They’re cost-effective. Ductless air conditioners use considerably less power than traditional air conditioners, which saves on your energy bill. In addition, if you use multiple units, you can control the individual room temperatures in your house, which is more energy efficient than using a central air conditioning system to cool the whole house.
- They’re quiet. Traditional air conditioners can make a lot of noise, but ductless ones are quiet. The noise they make is usually no more than a quiet hum. It amounts to background noise that is easily drowned out by conversation, music and television.
Call us today for a quote on a ductless system today. 360-456-4956