Windows & Doors
- How-to Videos
Mechanical Design Engineer
About the Position
We are looking for an individual to support Design/Build operations of the Commercial Division of Sunset Air. This includes HVAC design activates (heat/cool loads, ducting design and sizing, piping design and sizing). The person in this position is expected to work with other Engineers, Project Managers, Superintendents and Foreman through the construction process and into the As-Built phase. Must be willing to learn and implement design with the AutoCAD and Revit Platforms.
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Experience in HVAC and plumbing design (desirable)
- Familiarity with the Autodesk AutoCAD Platform
- Computer knowledge with PC-based applications including Windows, Excel, Word
- Ability to manage project responsibilities independently and work independently with little supervision
- High level of attention to detail
- Positive attitude and willingness to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operate with the highest level of professional and ethical conduct
- Familiarity with Revit (desirable)
- Excellent driving record
- Pass background check and drug screen
About the Company:
For over 45 years, Sunset Air, Inc. has been privileged to serve the South Puget Sound and Southwest Washington regions in all aspects of heating and air conditioning service. As a second-generation family-owned and operated business, and as the largest HVAC company in the South Puget Sound, we deeply care about our community, our customers, and our employees. We appreciate that it’s our team members that have developed and continue to maintain our excellent reputation.
We Specialize in Design & Build of Commercial HVAC, Plumbing and Solar systems. Sunset Air’s capabilities include full mechanical engineering and design, sheet metal fabrication, service and maintenance, DDC controls installation and design. We are a company that recognizes and appreciates our employees. We know that our employees are our biggest asset and it’s the employees that make Sunset Air the largest and best commercial & residential contractor in the South Puget Sound. That is why we also offer our employees a generous benefits package offering, full medical, dental & vision insurance, 401K and paid vacations and holidays.
We offer our employees a generous benefits package including full medical, dental & vision insurance, 401K and paid vacations and holidays.
We hope you will choose Sunset Air as the next step in your career!
Job Type: Full-time