With the popularity of online tutorials and DIY mentalities, you may be tempted to take on a “weekend warrior” home improvement project that involves electricity. Maybe you want to install a new ceiling fan in the bedroom or an EV charger in the garage for your electric vehicle. You might be asking yourself, “How hard can it be?”
Well, we’re here to strongly advise you against doing so. For one, it’s a major safety hazard if something goes wrong. You also don’t want to risk damaging your home. Your electric system is a key component in ensuring your comfort and safety and you don’t want to do anything that might jeopardize it. Here are some examples of when to call for professional electricians in Olympia.
Leave It to the Pros
When it comes to installing new electrical components in your home, you should always call a professional electrician who has extensive training in the field. Here are some of the jobs that professional electricians can take on easily because they have the proper training and experience.
- Lighting fixture installations for both indoors and outdoors
- Ceiling fan and ceiling light installation
- Attic fans
- Surge protectors
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Home remodels that involve any wiring
- Electrical, generator, and solar panel installations
Online tutorials don’t just extend to home improvements. There are plenty of home issues where you might be tempted to see if there’s a DIY fix. Here are some additional problems that warrant the services of a professional electrician.
- An outlet is loose: If you have an outlet that’s either loosey-goosey in the wall or one where the plugs don’t stay plugged in, don’t try to fix it yourself.
- Your lightbulbs are burning out fast: Does it seem like you need to replace your lightbulbs more often than you should need to? This is definitely a sign of an issue with your home’s electrical wiring.
- You have a lot of blown fuses and tripped circuit breakers: This could indicate that you need an upgrade to your home’s electrical panel. Older homes have outdated fuse boxes that can’t keep up with modern appliances and devices.
- Your lights flicker: This could be caused by a loose connection or an overloaded circuit. It could also be an issue with your whole home wiring. Give us a call to figure out what’s causing those annoying flickering lights.
No matter what your electrical installation and repair needs may be, let a professional take care of it. Electrical systems can be extremely dangerous, so it is important that you trust a licensed professional electrician who can get the job done right.
We offer comprehensive electrical services for homeowners and understand the importance of comfort, efficiency, and safety, and are dedicated to ensuring each through every service we provide. Our electricians are fully equipped to handle any electrical service that you need. So instead of watching another YouTube tutorial on your smartphone, use it to give us a call instead.
Count on the team with the most experience. Contact the team at Sunset Air to schedule an appointment with an electrician today.