The shift in the weather is here as we progress through spring and slowly but surely approach the heat of summer. This makes now the best time to arrange for your air conditioning system’s annual maintenance visit. There are a few basic jobs you can do on your own when it comes to maintaining your AC, such as regularly changing the air filter. But full maintenance that makes a difference in the overall performance of your system should be left to the pros.
Only a trained and experienced technician can handle the numerous tasks, like inspecting motors and electrical connections, as well as cleaning coils and moving parts, that go into professional maintenance and tune-ups. You can rely on our team to provide your AC system with top quality maintenance each year.
The Multiple Benefits of Maintenance
The most common question that homeowners ask about their AC maintenance is if it’s really necessary to do it every year. The answer is yes! Maintenance isn’t just some luxury service for air conditioners. Skipping it even just once makes it more likely for problems to occur and for your system to struggle.
There are a number of benefits to keeping up with annual AC maintenance appointments (which apply to heating maintenance, too). These include:
- AC Reliability – The most immediate advantage of annual AC tune-ups is a cooling system that is less likely to suffer a major operational failure over the summer. Inspections locate places where wear on the system can lead to breakdowns, and adjustments and cleanings further remove potential issues. With a well-maintained air conditioner, you can enter the summer with the confidence that you probably won’t need to make any emergency repair calls this season.
- Better Energy Efficiency – The accumulation of wear and tear on an air conditioner creates strain on its components—in particular, the blower motor. This creates higher energy bills as the system tries to overcome the extra stress. If an AC system has routine professional maintenance, it should be able to retain 95% of its efficiency rating during its service life.
- AC System Longevity – Speaking of that service life, most air conditioners should reasonably last between 10 to 15 years before requiring a replacement. But this is only possible if the system has routine professional maintenance. Annual inspections and tune-ups will help an air conditioner give you the best return on your initial investment in it by lasting as long as possible.
- Less Repair Needs – Who wants to spend extra money each year having their AC repaired? Approximately 85% of the repairs an air conditioner might need during its service life are preventable thanks to maintenance inspections that catch problems early—and this means huge savings in repair bills.
- A Peace of Mind – Perhaps more valuable than money, maintenance gives you the peace of mind that your air conditioner will last all summer long and give you the best performance possible so you don’t need to worry about sudden, expensive repairs at the peak of summer.
Contact Sunset Air for your Puyallup air conditioning services.