7 Benefits of a Programmable Thermostat
One of the biggest causes of poor energy efficiency in an HVAC system is leaving the heating or air conditioning on when no one is in the house. If you find that you are constantly leaving the heating or cooling on in your house, chances are you could benefit from changing to a programmable thermostat. Here is a list of 7 ways a programmable thermostat can help your HVAC system.
- You can schedule the heating or cooling to only turn on while you are gone. This makes a huge difference in your utility bills at the end of the month.
- Programmable thermostats do not contain toxic chemicals such as mercury. Most outdated thermostats use mercury inside the unit. It’s important to keep this in mind when disposing of it.
- You won’t ever forget to turn off you heating or cooling system.
- You don’t have to enter a cold home after a long day. The thermostat can be used to heat the room just before your arrival.
- You can also adjust your thermostat to turn on just before you wake up in the morning.
- You can set the temperatures to be different on different days of the week.
- A programmable thermostat is a year round advantage. You can use all the same features to control heating AND cooling using only one unit.
Sunset Air wishes you a safe and warm winter. For more information on programmable thermostats, contact us by calling (360) 456-4956